You know what guys? I think I’ve managed what I thought was impossible. I have found a new favorite cocktail. This one broke me. It knocked the rye old fashioned off it’s ladder. MOVE OVER OLD FASHIONED! I only had enough cranberry orange rye to make one of these suckers (at 12:30 in the afternoon, while making pumpkin cheesecake, so much class), which I then had to share. Total frowny face happening right now. I REALLY need to make more. Like now. Nevermind all those awesome Christmas inspired concoctions I’ve got rolling around in my head, I’m hooked.
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? Are you out shopping? If so, SIT YOURSELF DOWN AND TREAT YO SELF! What are you thinking, you crazy animal? Enjoy your food hangover with more food. And drinks. And pie. I have been really trying to figure out what to make this year for gifts for Xmas. Any ideas? lalalala “I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. I’d like to make the world this drink and keep it company.” lalalala. Like what I did there? I changed the “buy the world a coke” song and put this drink in. Get it? Alright…….. for reals guys. Any ideas would be awesome. I’m stumped. Well, cheers to a nearly new month my friends! Enjoy your food coma while you have it. 🙂
- small piece of orange peel
- 4 ounces cranberry orange infused rye*
- 2 ounces sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- frozen cranberries (optional for garnish)
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of a martini or cocktail glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add rye, vermouth, and bitters. Shake well, till the shaker becomes very cold, about 20-30 seconds.
- Strain into your glass and garnish with frozen cranberry skewers.