These old fashioned cranberry buttermilk pancakes are crispy, buttery, and delicious! Cinnamon spiced, with some tart bursts from cranberries, you will love these!
Mmmmm……. just look at those delicious hot cakes up there!! Today is a pretty awesome day guys, because SOMEONE is going to win a $650 Amazon gift card. Heck yes! Some fellow Food Blogger Pro members and I got together to make someone very happy this holiday season. 🙂
So, these cranberry pancakes. Keeping up with my cranberry obsession! I love these little tart bombs. So much. I always have a bag of them in my fridge in the Fall, and they are sooooooooo good in these pancakes.
Just FYI, these are super slutty, delicious, buttery pancakes. Fried in butter! Can it get any better?
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- 4-6 Tbsp butter
- Maple syrup for serving (preferably warm)
- In a large bowl, mix together the buttermilk and flour until well combined. Whisk in the egg, cinnamon and vanilla. Add the baking soda and whisk to combine. Fold in the cranberries.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium heat and swirl to coat the pan. Scoop out ¼ cup of the mixture and pour into one side of the pan, creating about a 4" diameter pancake. Continue until you can't fit any more pancakes in your pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top of the cakes and begin to pop, about 3-5 minutes. Check to see if the bottom is brown and crispy, flip.
- Cook the other side about 2-3 minutes, or until browned and crispy on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Continue to cook the pancakes until the batter is gone, adding 2 Tbsp butter to your pan between each batch.
- Serve immediately with warm maple syrup.
Now for the giveaway! I’m so happy to be part of a great community over at Food Blogger Pro. Be sure to visit all of these awesome blogs and show some love before entering the giveaway!
Food Fashion and Fun, Arousing Appetites, Beer Girl Cooks, OMGFood, Haute & Healthy Living, Lou Lou Biscuit, Platings and Pairings, The Merchant Baker, Eat Within Your Means, Kitchen of Eatin, Wholesomelicious, Lemon-sugar, Cooking with Janica, Salt Sole, Leelalicious, My California Roots, Bessie Bakes, The Gingham Apron, A Season on the Mountain, I Knead to Eat, Majorly Delicious, My Teacake, Frugal Nutrition, and Jeannie’s Tried and True Recipes.
Join the fun and get free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!