GIVEAWAY DAY! BOOYAH!
I’m really excited about this one guys. It’s like Spring is already here! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I’ve got an asparagus recipe! Roasted asparagus soup with pistachio cream from The Healthy Mind cookbook by Rebecca Katz. Plus, I’m giving away a copy of this awesome book!
The Healthy Mind cookbook by Rebecca Katz is completely devoted to ‘eating for your brain’ and being aware of how food affects our emotions, learning, and consciousness. It begins with a few chapters preparing you for what you need to know to fuel not only your brain, but your ‘second brain’, the stomach. Rebecca Katz is friendly and personable, making this less like a text book and more like an inspiration to better your life. The Healthy Mind is full of delicious sounding recipes like classic magic mineral broth, arugula salad with roasted cherries and goat cheese, pan seared curried scallops, basil cashew cream, chamomile lavender lemonade, and meyer lemon pudding with fresh strawberries. I chose to make Rebecca Katz’ recipe for roasted asparagus soup with pistachio cream. This vegan spring soup really blew me away. Such a simple recipe packed with so much flavor! Rebecca Katz has made me a true believer of “feeding your mind.”
- 7 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 leeks, white part only, chopped
- 1 yukon gold potato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make your pistachio cream. Combine 1 cup vegetable broth and next 3 ingredients, through lemon juice in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Roast your asparagus. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut off the asparagus tips and spread evenly on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil onto asparagus and toss with tongs until evenly coated. Roast for 10 minutes. Place asparagus tips to the side for serving.
- Meanwhile, start your soup. Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and leek and saute until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add potato and season with salt and pepper. Saute until onions are browned and potato is soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth, and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen browned bits. Add remaining 5 cups of broth, and asparagus stalks, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the pistachio cream.
- Serve with remaining pistachio cream, asparagus tips, roasted pistachios, mint leaves, and lemon slices.
Now for the book giveaway! 1 lucky winner will a copy of The Healthy Mind cookbook by Rebecca Katz! Will ship to US shipping addresses only. Giveaway will be open until March 10th at 12AM. Use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Good luck!