Oh hello there, Memorial Day Weekend, we meet again! Happy weekend friends! Are you grilling up some goodies? Drinking some fancy cocktails? Downin some beers? Picnicking it up like an awesome Spring-tonian? Me too. Probably ALL OF THESE! This recipe actually has ZILCH to do with Memorial Day. I just made it, and liked it, and thought…… why not post it eh? So, no burgers or brats or beer recipes today. BUT, you get tasty shrimp in garlicky tomato sauce with Feta. That’s pretty rad right? RIGHT!
Know what? Jared and I have been living an hour apart from each other for almost 2 months now. EGADS! It’s getting harder and harder to not just eat slices of cheese and bars of chocolate for dinner every night. I’m trying trying trying to still be inventive and create new recipes at least a handful of times a week, but I’m only cooking for one. It’s tough, making (or failing at making) an awesome meal, just to sit down and eat it at the table playing Diamond Quest on my phone. Wow, did I just let it slip that I’m a 100% nerdy nerd? Yep. Oops.
Well, this was one of those meals where I made it, and ate it, just me and Tootsie Roll around the house. Guess what though? See those 2 skillets full of goodness up there? I ATE BOTH OF THOSE! Oh my god you guys……… this post is just FULL OF SHAME! What am I doing?!
This shrimp dish is absolutely one of those rad little quick and easy weeknight gems. Perfect for a night after work, where you know you should cook, but don’t really want to put in any effort. You know what I’m talkin bout. THOSE nights. Minimal ingredients, and only 20 minutes gets you a tasty, healthy, filling dinner! Unless you are me, and you eat it all to yourself. I’LL STOP NOW!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- crumbled feta for topping
- fresh parsley, chopped, for topping
- Crusty bread for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, and saute until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, thyme, and basil, and saute until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stir to combine, and simmer until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Top with crumbled feta and parsley. Serve with a crusty loaf of bread.
OK dudes. NOW GO ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!