I told you guys I was crazy, over the top, can’t get enough, OBSESSED WITH STRAWBERRIES this season! It’s like those little awesome flavor bombs rule my life these days. I just love em. So does ricotta, basil, and some freezer time. Bust out your popsicle makers folks, cause today you get strawberry basil ricotta popsicles!
So, I bought a tub of ricotta cheese a few weeks ago, and am struggling so hard with things to make with it! A little bit goes SUCH a long way. How the heck does anyone use all of it!? Anyways….. if you know of any great ricotta recipes, let me know!
So, these pops are a bit on the savory side. It’s that ricotta cheese. These are, in fact, well…… CHEESE popsicles. Sounds a bit weird eh? They are definitely different, but really interesting!
These ice pops are:
basil-y, strawberry-y, savory AND sweet, a bit salty, icy, cheesy, 100% beautiful.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for an additional 3½ hours or overnight.
- When frozen, remove from molds and store in the freezer in plastic baggies for up to 2 weeks.
Note: This recipe makes 10 (3oz) popsicles using this popsicle mold.
Alright, alright….. I’ll hold off on the strawberry posts……… FOR AT LEAST A WEEK! Oh my gosh.