Guys. I’ve gone over to the dark side. The “things on toast” as a recipe dark side. I’ve been a mega-hater of this trend FOREVER! Know what though? This stuff is freakin tasty. And easy. And healthy. It all started with some cheesy sauteed mushrooms on toast. So……… okay…….. maybe these make like, the perfect lunch ever…….. YOU WON, TOAST TREND! This chive ricotta toast with asparagus and radish will win you over too!
Last year, I had a mega love obsession with radish. I ate those little spicy bombs with errrrrrrything! This year, not so much on the radishes. I’m still totally digging them as a back up singer, but not the Beyonce, ya feel me? This year………. the obsession is strawberries. Luuuuuuuv THEM! Can’tstopwon’tstop!
So……. can we just talk about how RAD GAME OF THRONES WAS! Fellow GOT nerds – Where the holy heck are Sansa and Petyr going? Just a wild guess, but maybe……. WINTERFELL??!! OMG. Totally different from the book so far with those two. Can’t wait to see Arya’s storyline this season too!
Man……. anyone else geeking out like I am over this?
OK, back to the recipe…….. ah sigh…….
toast open faced sandwich really is Spring produce in the spot light! Roasted asparagus, bright and herby chive, and spicy radish. They really blend like heck together. If that makes any freakin sense. heh.
Love asparagus? Try our asparagus pasta with caramelized onion sauce!
- 1 Lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped chives
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 3 pieces wheat bread, I used Dave’s Killer Good Seed*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread asparagus onto sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Toss with tongs until evenly coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes, tossing once with tongs halfway through.
- Meanwhile, stir together ricotta and chives. Season well with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast bread. Top each toast piece with ⅓ each of the ricotta, radish, and roasted asparagus.
So this toast thing! Can I just say I made an open faced sandwich so I don’t have to admit I shared a toast recipe? OK? OK.