Chocolate peanut butter banana frozen yogurt pops! A healthy(ish), yet decadent recipe for chocolatey, peanut buttery, banana-y, creamy popsicles with no refined sugar. DELICIOUS!
Hey friends! Back with another round of deliciously awesome recipes from The #FoodieMamas! This month, we all got together to share some of our favorite frozen treats. Mmmm…. perfect for June, eh?
So….. my pregnancy cravings. Oh man. CHOCOLATE! So strange, you guys. I have NEVER been a chocolate lover. Never. I like it pretty well, but I am totes more of a potato chips kind of gal. Or more of a fruity tart or sorbet kind of dessert lover. Chocolate though…. it’s ruling my life these days.
Specifically chocolate ice cream and chocolate cake. #cantstopwontstop
So, chocolate it is! I tried to make these a bit on the healthy side by making them with plain yogurt, banana, peanut butter, and unsweetened cocoa powder. No refined sugar!! Heck yes! They are creamy, dreamy, just plain delicious.
- 2 1/2 cups full fat plain yogurt
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup half and half
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling optional
- Place all ingredients except chocolate syrup into a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze 30-45 minutes. Drink any leftover puree as a smoothie. 🙂
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze at least an additional 3 hours, or overnight. When frozen, carefully remove from popsicle molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serve frozen, as is, or drizzled with chocolate syrup.
OK guys. Ready for So many delicious frozen treat recipes?? Check out this month’s recipes from The #FoodieMamas!
Kaitie from Fuchsia Freezer made a Strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie
Lucy from Turnip the Oven made a cold brew iced coffee affogato
That’s it, friends! What are some of your favorite frozen treats?
Like what you see? Get FREE weekly recipes delivered to your inbox! Sign up here!