Guys. This is SCIENCE!
Welp. Christmas came and went. Like freakin lightning. BUT……. it’s still the most wonderful time of the year. Still a time of cookie and leftover eating, toy playing, cocoa drinking, tree light lighting, aaaaaaaaaaand cocktail drinking. Especially cocktail drinking. You may be sick of the eggnog by now, but get ready to bust out your champagne!
This “lava lamp” cocktail is pretty darn cool. You’ll totally wow your friends with it and be the coolest person there is on NYE. See those little dried cranberries up there? Those float around like some PIPING HOT MAGMA! Pretty impressive stuff eh?
- 1/2 oz 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
- Dry champagne or sparkling wine
- 3-4 dried cranberries
- In a tall clear glass, or tall champagne glass, pour cranberry juice and fill with champagne.
- Drop in cranberries. Wait a few moments and watch as the cranberries turn to "lava"
- Garnish with orange slices (optional)
For a sweeter drink, substitute the 100% cranberry juice for 1 oz cranberry juice cocktail, and create a sugared rim around your glass.
Happy last week of 2014 friends!