Easy homemade dill pickle vodka recipe! Make your own dill pickle flavored vodka with fresh produce and herbs. Perfect for a pickle martini or pickle shots!
Yep, you read that right! We're making dill pickle vodka today!
I'm transporting us back in time to when infusing alcohol was SO IN! Not sure when this awesome trend faded away, but I still luuuuuuv me some booze infusions. Let's just pretend it's still cool, and infuse some vodka perfect for dill pickle lovers: dill pickle infused vodka.
You can keep this one really simple and pickly, OR you can add a clove of garlic and really get a mega-punch-in-the-face flavor blast. BIG TIME savory cocktails with the garlic! Honestly, I prefer it without the garlic, but the option is there if you are brave. 🙂
How to make dill pickle infused vodka
It's easier than you think to make dill pickle vodka. First things first: make sure your container is very clean and sterile is possible. I recommend a 32oz mason jar with a lid. Put it through the dishwasher or boil it to make sure it's clean.
Add your ingredients to the jar and then submerge everything with the vodka. Make sure there's nothing peeping out of the top!
Let it do it's thing on your counter for 7 days, shaking once per day. Then strain. That's it!
What cocktails to make with homemade pickle vodka
You may be wondering what cocktails you can actually make with this stuff once it's infused. The flavor is quite unique; Dilly, peppery, garlicky, tangy, and savory. Some of my favorite ideas are:
Pickle vodka tonic
Looking for more fun boozy infusions?
Pumpkin spice infused vodka
Dill pickle vodka recipe
Dill pickle vodka
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 10 medium sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 small garlic clove (OPTIONAL)
- 600 mL high quality vodka (approximate)
- Place first 5 ingredients, through garlic (if using), in a 32 oz glass jar with tight fitting lid. Pour vodka into jar, filling to the brim, completely submerging ingredients.
- Store in a cool dark place for 7 days, shaking once a day.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and store in a glass container with tight fitting lid.
I hope you’ll give this pickle infused vodka a try! Snap a pic and give me a shout on social media! #Rhubarbarians
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!