4-ingredient chocolate peppermint bark cups recipe! These no-bake double chocolate peppermint cups are the festive and easy homemade Christmas candies. Perfect as a holiday gift!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
You guys. It's ALMOST CHRISTMAS! Say WHAAAAT?!
Are you ready? Are all your prezzies wrapped and under your tree? Are you organized and all shopped out?
My guess is...... NOPE! Not even close. If you're anything like me, anyways. This year was especially slow going with the Christmas stuff, due to, you know... that cute little Rhubarbaby we spend all our time with. It took us 3 days just to put lights on our tree. Ha!
Every single year, I look forward to eating peppermint bark. It's like friggin crack you guys. I LUUUUUUV IT! Specifically, the Ghirardelli peppermint bark.
However, I made a promise to myself this year to not purchase any product with palm oil in it. I won't get into the gory details of why in this holiday post, but you can read about it if you'd like. Get ready for some tissues. I will just say to please read ingredient labels, and don't purchase if you see palm oil in the list.
Well.... it seems like all my favorite store bought Christmas treats have palm oil in them. So.. I made my own. On my mission to make peppermint bark, I had a hard time finding white chocolate that didn't contain palm oil. Ugh...... why world? Why?
I ended up finding some white baking chocolate that didn't... and some dark chocolate that didn't. And then... I discovered how easy it is to make this holiday goodie at home. (Hint: REALLY FRIGGIN EASY)
No-bake chocolate peppermint bark cups
- 10 oz dark or milk chocolate chips (I used 60% bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 8 oz white baking chocolate
- 1/16 teaspoon peppermint extract
- About ⅓ cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Spread out 12 paper muffin cups on a baking sheet or in a muffin tin. Crush candy canes, if necessary.*
- Fill a saucepan about 1" of the way with water. Top the saucepan with a metal mixing bowl that sets into the pan, but does not touch the water. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and heat over medium, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is just melted. If the water starts to boil, remove from heat and continue to stir off the heat. If the chocolate gets too hot, it will separate. (You can also use a double boiler for this step).
- When the chocolate is just fully melted, immediately scoop a few teaspoons into each paper muffin cup, dividing the chocolate evenly. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the melting process with the white chocolate. When chocolate is just melted, stir in peppermint extract. Divide the white chocolate evenly into the muffin cups, spreading to reach the sides of the paper cups. Immediately sprinkle on candy cane pieces. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the peppermint cups from the paper and enjoy! Wrap in clear cellophane with ribbons for an amazing holiday gift!
Well, there you have it. An awesome, and super super easy, holiday gift in only an hour! Seriously!
If you make this recipe, please let us know on social media or in the comments below! Leave a star rating in your comment or tag us on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians.
Thank you so much for reading and supporting Rhubarbarians and the brands that we recommend. If you’re looking for a group of people cooking vegetarian recipes through the seasons, join us on Facebook in our vegetarian and vegan recipes group!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!