You guys. It’s GUAC time! Not just any old guac either. This is FANCY guac. Fancy SCHMANCY GUAC! Just bust out your fancy pants and pour yourself a glass, cause today, today you get FETA AND GRAPE GUACAMOLE!
You know I’m always trying to mix it up. Try new thangs. Jerdy got me some Rifle Paper Company recipe cards for Xmas (which I L-O-V-E), and I haven’t even filled any out. I just don’t have many recipes that I don’t ALWAYS want to make shiny and new! Am I crazy? Don’t answer that.
You know, there’s the famous ‘mom’ recipes that I’ve got in my head. Or my Grandpa’s poached eggs on toast. Do I really need a recipe card for that? Eggs, toast. Poach eggs, put on toast. Blammo! I do plan to make some of my grandmother’s plum jam this year, so maybe I will use one for that!
Anyways…… the point is…….. I love guacamole, but for some reason can’t bring myself to just stick to the awesome as hell classic version. Next time, guac, next time. (maybe)
This version is very Greek inspired. Some sweetness from fresh grapes, some bite from feta cheese, some zazz from lemon juice, and some vibrancy from fresh parsley. And of course…… the smooth and nutty avocado. The shining star.
Just don’t go putting this on toast and calling it an ‘avocado toast’ recipe. You know how much that KILLS ME!
- 2 avocados pitted and spooned from skin
- 1/4 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/2 cup red grapes halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, squeeze the lemon over the avocado, being careful to discard seeds, until all the juice is released. Mash and stir with a fork until you get a chunky dip consistency.
- Stir in the feta, grapes, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Have a great Sunday friends,