Golden beet puree with tarragon and yogurt! An easy and healthy homemade baby food recipe that is sure to please your little one. YUM!
Hey friends! Aaaaand hey baby food makin mamas! I'm back at it again with another Rhubarbaby food recipe. My 2nd one on this here blog. I've been really getting into this whole homemade baby food thing. There are just so many options! Sweet potatoes, prunes, carrots, apples, bananas, oatmeals, and..... BEETS!
I seriously can't believe it, but we are already starting finger foods. This little dude is just growing way too quickly. 9 months next week! GAH! All these purees may be coming to an end very soon. And soft, little bit sized goodies will start to come around. GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS!! ?
Have you tried my creamy sour cream and chive mashed potatoes recipe yet?
So, my rule for making baby food: it HAS to taste good. I don't see the point in giving a baby bland, tasteless food. Which is why herbs and spices are a staple when it comes to making homemade baby food recipes. For this pureed beets recipe, tarragon just goes so well. It mixes with the yogurt and mellows that super earthy flavor of the beets.
Aaaaand another staple: the baby bullet and storage kit. I love freezing tiny little servings of homemade food and taking out just enough for a day or so. So handy!
Golden beet puree with tarragon and yogurt
- 3 medium golden beets, peeled and diced into ½" cubes
- 1-2 cups cold water
- ½ cup plain full fat yogurt, I used Nancy's Organic
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, leaves removed and stem discarded
- Place the beets in a medium saucepan. Cover with water until beets are submerged by 1". Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until beets are very tender. Strain and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place the beets, yogurt, and tarragon into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze into small servings for up to 1 month.
Alright, it's about time for those spring goodies to start showing up. Can't wait for Rhubarbaby to try strawberries!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!