These spiced apple chips are the perfect healthy snack and are so simple to make!
OK OK. Well……. I didn’t make as many recipes to share as I would have liked during the last few weeks. I am TOTALLY blaming the 21 day fix diet I crazily decided to do. I just felt so uninspired and limited in the food that I was cooking. Ugh.
Good news though……… it’s OVER! I ended up losing quite a bit of weight, and definitely got on track with working out regularly. Some things I plan to stick with, some not, but overall I am happy that I tried it out. Gotta try new things once in a while amirite?
Now I want some friggin pizza.
I was really lacking in the snacks arena during the fix. I think I ate more carrots in the last few weeks than I have the entire last year. NO MORE CARROTS! At least not this week. 🙂
I ended up trying out these spiced apple chips without any sugar or oil, and they turned out pretty awesome. Apples are naturally sweet, so no sugar was needed. And since I wanted to crisp them up and dry them out, the oil wasn’t needed either. WIN!
These are heavily spiced with cinnamon, clove, and ginger. You could totally get creative with these though! Maybe add some cayenne to spice things up a bit. Or maybe some ground up chai tea? YUM!
- 2 Fuji or medium sized Honeycrisp apples, sliced horizontally into ¼” slices (I used a mandoline)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread the slices evenly on the baking sheets. Do not overlap.
- Combine the cinnamon, clove, and ginger in a bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over apple slices.
- Bake for 1 hour. Flip apple slices over.
- Bake for 1 hour. Flip again.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
You know what’s weird? I am totally craving a salad for dinner. SAY WHAT??!
I definitely would still like to stay on the healthy snack train! What healthy snacks are your faves?
Join the fun and get free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!