This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias
Easy homemade pesto pizza with mushrooms and goat cheese! A quick homemade pizza dough recipe for a fun pizza night at home. YUM!
Ready for a homemade mushroom pizza recipe that's ready in just 30 minutes? That's right! This pizza only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish. YESSSS.
A vegetarian pesto pizza for the whole family
When you make your own pizza at home, the flavor combos are endless! We like to go meatless and pick out different sauces, veggies, and cheeses depending on the season.
Homemade pizza is a great way to get your kid to try new flavors. Our 3 year old LOVED basil pesto on pizza and gobbled up mushrooms like they were the best thing ever. Total score.
Quick and easy homemade pesto pizza for movie night
When Ellis turned 3, we decided to let him decide what we have for dinner one night a week. I bet you can guess what he picks out all the time...
We decided early on that we wanted to make a night of it as a family and have homemade pizza and movie night. It's become our favorite night of the week, making the dough together, adding the toppings, and enjoying how delicious pizza can be.
This homemade pesto pizza recipe is perfect for movie night! It's ready in just 30 minutes, the same amount of time it would take for a pizza to be delivered.
Because it only takes 30 minutes, we have plenty of time eat dinner as a family AND watch a movie AND still get the toddler in bed at a reasonable hour. PERFECT.
Quick homemade pizza dough
This homemade pizza dough has become our go-to recipe! We use Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast because the dough rises in only 10 minutes. That's all it takes!
Making the pizza dough has become such a fun tradition in our house. Our 3 year old loves to mix the dough up with his hands and help roll out the dough to just the right shape. It's such a special time that we get to spend together, creating something that tastes amazing. The joy it brings to us makes it totally worth it.
And of course, nothing tastes better than homemade. Baking with yeast, from scratch, is always the best.
Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is perfect for anyone new to using yeast or making homemade pizza dough. Each packet or envelope includes just the right amount of dry yeast for 1 pizza. So you don't have to worry about measuring the yeast or storing an opened package. It's just so easy!
Tips for using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast:
- The water should be warm and not hot, otherwise it will kill the yeast. Water shouldn’t be cold either, or the yeast won’t activate. It's always best to use a thermometer to make sure that the temperature of the water is 120˚F-130˚F.
- Always follow the instructions on the package.
- Check that the yeast isn't expired!
Top it with pesto and veggies
Once your dough has risen and you have stretched it out, place it on the pan and add your toppings!
We like to use store bought pesto to keep things as easy as possible, but if you make your own that's perfect too.
Spread the pesto evenly over the dough, leaving about 1" around the outside for the crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the pesto and top with the sliced mushrooms. Then sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
When the pizza is done baking, I like to top it with thin slices of fresh basil leaves!
Homemade pesto pizza with mushrooms and goat cheese
- 1 ¾ - 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 - ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoon corn oil
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- sliced fresh basil leaves for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pesto sauce. Top with mozzarella, mushrooms, and goat cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
If you make this pesto pizza recipe, please let us know on social media or in the comments below! Leave a star rating in your comment or tag us on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians #HomemadePizzaCrust #HomemadePizza #HomemadeBaking #BakeFromScratch
Thank you so much for reading and supporting Rhubarbarians and the brands that we recommend. If you’re looking for a group of people cooking vegetarian recipes through the seasons, join us on Facebook in our vegetarian and vegan recipes group!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!