Super simple, healthy, and beautiful honey roasted rhubarb smoothie bowls! Make your smoothie into a meal by topping with your favorite super foods!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Vitamix. Vitamix has provided a blender for the winner of this giveaway (closed). All opinions are my own.
THREE THINGS GUYS:
- It's rhubarb season! OMG OMG OMG! Um.......... obvs my favorite food season of the year. Fave vegetable EVA! Be prepared for a lot of rhubarb recipes coming your way.
- Mother's day is coming! It will be here in just a few weeks. EXACTLY 2 weeks. Are you prepared?
- Vitamix is giving one lucky reader a Vitamix 5200 blender! Booyah! Scroll down to the bottom if you're just here for that. 🙂
Alright alright alright. Are you pumped now?
So, I keep seeing these really gorgeous smoothie bowls around the interwebs. They always look way too pretty to eat, don't they? Like they're not real food or something. Buuuuut..... they are. Super simple to make too guys.
I thought that a smoothie bowl would be a GREAT Mother's day recipe. It's easy, it's gorgeous, you can make it with your kids, you can impress your mom, you can customize the toppings to your faves. Good stuff. Seriously good stuff.
Honestly, as a preggers lady, smoothie bowls are kind of amazing. I can pack them full of everything healthy, and it still seems like an exciting meal.
- 2 pieces large rhubarb stalks cut horizontally into 1" . (About 3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups full fat plain yogurt
- Toppings: optional
- Finely diced rhubarb
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced banana
- Chopped walnuts
- Chia seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the rhubarb pieces with the honey until evenly coated. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Blend in a blender with the yogurt until smooth.
Serve in your favorite bowl and top with your favorite toppings!
Need some Mother's day gift ideas? Vitamix has put together an awesome Mother's day gift guide! Check it out!
Alright guys, happy Sunday to you. And good luck!
Join the fun and get free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!