Add some holiday cheer to your breakfast table with festive pancakes for Christmas! These ten recipes for Christmas pancakes are perfect for your Christmas morning breakfast.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Merry Christmas, Rhubarbarians! Let's make Christmas morning breakfast extra special and festive with these delicious recipes for Christmas pancakes.
You're cozied up in your warm robe and slippers on Christmas morning, the scent of freshly brewed coffee in the air, and a stack of warm, fluffy pancakes piled high on your plate. Not just any weekend pancakes, these are holiday pancakes with all your favorite flavors of the season. From gingerbread to orange, cranberry to eggnog, apple to pumpkin pie.
Grab yourself that cup of holiday spiced coffee and enjoy some amazing pancakes!
Why you'll love these
- Festive flavors: These holiday pancakes are full of your favorite seasonal flavors. From the warm spices of gingerbread to the refreshing kick of orange, these are classics for a reason.
- Simple to make: Whether you're a seasoned cook or just starting out, these pancake recipes are straightforward for a stress-free Christmas morning.
- Versatility: Want to add your personal touch? Experiment with toppings, syrups, and garnishes to make them your own.
- Family friendly: Breakfast is the start of your Christmas day, and these festive pancakes will create unforgettable memories. Share the joy of cooking and savoring these special creations with your family.
Turn up the Christmas tunes, put on your apron, and pour another cup of coffee. Here are the pancake recipes for your Christmas morning celebration!
The tartness of the cranberries, the warm cinnamon flavor, and the sweet maple syrup. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside pancakes. Trust me, these are worth waking up for!
The flavor combination of fresh orange and cinnamon is like a cozy dream! Can you imagine drinking a hot cup of coffee, wrapped in a blanket, and eating cinnamony citrus pancakes while it's snowing outside?
We took the classic french clafoutis and gave it a holiday twist! Think.... light and fluffy, yet custardy large pancake for two or three. So good, give it a try!
These pancakes are a fun way to bring that Mr. Grinch right into your kitchen. Serve these delicious pancakes with maple syrup and a big mug of hot chocolate for a sweet, Christmas breakfast.
Fluffy pancakes get the gingerbread treatment! Brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger ... yum. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon for the perfect holiday breakfast.
These little Danish pancakes are truly a holiday treat! Serve aebleskivers sprinkled with powdered sugar, and your favorite syrup. You can also fill them with jam or chocolate!
Four types of Christmas pancakes on one sheet pan! This recipe is great for holiday weekend mornings when the kids are asking for a hot breakfast but you don’t have the energy to prep a full meal and do all the dishes that come along with it.
Is there anything that screams "holiday" more than eggnog? They are perfect to eat fresh on Christmas morning! Enjoy them while everyone opens their gifts under the tree!
This Caramelized Apple German Pancake is especially tasty! The cinnamon-sugar apples caramelize in the pan and create a buttery, caramelized topping that bakes right into the pancake.
When pancakes are this rich and flavorful, a simple pat of butter and drizzle of maple syrup are all you need. Toss on some toasted pecans to make them festive!
Now that you're loaded with Christmas pancake ideas, let's make this Christmas breakfast even more special.
- Butter and maple syrup are classic!
- Whipped cream and red and green sprinkles
- Candied or toasted nuts
- Cranberry sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Cranberry mimosa mocktail
- Baked apples, pears, and cranberries
- Holiday spiced coffee
- Roasted grapes and figs
- Fresh cranberry smoothie or pumpkin smoothie
Pro tip: To keep the pancakes warm while you cook, preheat your oven to a low temperature and place a baking sheet inside. As you cook the pancakes, transfer them to the warm oven. This keeps them toasty while you finish the entire batch.
If you have a question it may be answered here! If not, drop a question in the comment section and I'll answer as soon as I can.
It depends which recipe you are making. However, it is safe to say you can combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately and combine them right before cooking.
Yes, you can! Allow the pancakes to cool completely, then stack them with parchment paper between each one and place in a freezer-safe bag. Reheat in the toaster for a quick and delicious breakfast later.
Preheat your oven to a low temperature and place a baking sheet inside. As you cook the pancakes, transfer them to the warm oven. This keeps them toasty while you finish the entire batch.
Absolutely! Double or triple the ingredients based on the number of servings needed. Keep the pancakes warm in the oven (see serving suggestions).
Let them help with pouring ingredients, stirring the batter, or even creating their own pancake shapes. Then let them have fun with the toppings. It's a great way to make cherished holiday memories in the kitchen.
Recommended equipment and resources
Here are some kitchen tools and essentials for making perfect Christmas pancakes at home as well as resources and articles you may find helpful.
- Non-Stick Griddle or Skillet: Ensure stress-free flipping with a reliable non-stick griddle or skillet. A flat surface promotes even cooking and prevents sticking. I like to use my non-stick Green Pan!
- Quality Spatula: Invest in a sturdy spatula with a thin edge for effortless pancake flipping. A silicone or heat-resistant material ensures durability.
- Mixing Bowls: Have a set of mixing bowls in various sizes for preparing batter, mixing toppings, and easy clean-up.
- Whisk or Mixing Utensil: A reliable whisk or mixing utensil ensures smooth batter consistency without overmixing.
- You can find all of the Christmas recipes on the site here.
- You can find all of the breakfast recipes on the site here.
If you make any of these Christmas pancake recipes, please let me know on social media! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!