OK guys. Here is my sigh of relief. AAAAAAAAAH SIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. I am officially moved! I’ve still got 80 gazillion boxes to unpack and organize, AND a giant house to clean, but for now, I can breathe just a bit. Before I left I was eating a lot of no-cook foods (ahem, still am). Thank you Summer for being accommodating! This peach and pastrami sandwich was one that I threw together with what I had on hand, and it rocked my socks off!
Well, I am REALLY happy that the hard part of moving is over. We shrunk our living space to less than half of what we had. I’m really not sure HOW we are going to fit all our crap into this apartment! Aaaaaand the kitchen. What a friggin disaster.
I am currently using paper towels as coffee filters. Everything is THAT packed up.
Um….. maybe I should stop rambling on this here blog and get to unpacking eh? It’s just so crazy town trying to figure out where to put everything, so I grab a cookie and slump on the couch. Instagramming is working right? right?
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 slices wheat bread (I used Dave’s Killer Good Seed*)
- 6 slices pastrami
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 small handfuls arugula
- Mix the mayonnaise and pepper together in a small bowl. Spread evenly each slice of bread.
- On 2 slices of bread, evenly top the mayo with the pastrami, cheese, peach, onion, and arugula. Top with remaining 2 slices of bread, mayo side down.
*Dave’s Killer Good Seed. The BEST bread!
OK, I’m off to find my french press and finally make a trip to the grocery store.
Join the fun and get free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!