Hey dudes, happy weekend! Bust out your weekend breakfast making skillz, cause here comes granola! Remember when I yelled at all of you about keeping that nut milk pulp? Well, I did. When we made some vanilla cardamom hazelnut milk. NOW LET’S USE IT UP! With some roasted strawberry hazelnut milk pulp granola! Say THAT 3 times fast!
Know what’s been rocking my woooooooooorld lately? TLC! Remember them! I’m talkin condom wearing Left Eye TLC! “What about your frennnzzzz…. will they stan their groun…… will they let you down… aeeeh…. ooooooh..”
Or something like that!
Anyways…. there’s been a lot of old school hip hop happening lately. Maybe it’s the sun, maybe it’s the crazies taking over from being alone all day, or MAYBE it’s because I am JUST THAT
- 16 strawberries hulled and sliced vertically
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup hazelnut milk pulp*
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and evenly spread sliced strawberries on sheet. Roast for 2 hours, until strawberries are a bit dry, but still chewy.
- Increase oven heat to 300 degrees F.
- Place strawberries in a large bowl, and add oats, and remaining 5 ingredients, through salt. Stir well, until everything is combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes, stirring once.
- Let cool completely, and store in air tight containers for up to 1 week.
*Recipe for hazelnut milk pulp
“No, I don’t want no scrub…… just GRANOLA!” AHAHAHAHA!