These spicy harissa shrimp bites with watermelon are perfect for your next party or barbecue! Quick, easy, and absolutely loaded with flavor!
Hey guys. Back at it with another #TheRecipeRedux recipe! Each month, this talented group of food-focused bloggers and I get together to bring you healthy versions of your favorite foods.
This month: healthy small bites for outdoor dining! Are you ready for all things picnics, barbecues, and sunny outdoor celebrations?
Lately, I’ve REALLY, really really, got Summertime on the brain. All I want to do is munch on watermelon and lounge under a shady tree. The perfect day for this pregnant gal! I’ve been craving watermelon since the very beginning of my pregnancy. Not sure what that’s about, but it’s FINALLY HERE! WOOOOT!
These shrimp bites are pretty killer you guy. The harissa is loaded with flavor and spicy heat, while the watermelon is sweet and refreshing. All in one single bite. I served these while the shrimp were still hot, but they would still be delicious cold!
- 12 jumbo raw wild-caught jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 2 Tbsp spicy harissa paste
- 12 1" bite sized watermelon cubes
- Toss the shrimp with the harissa paste until the shrimp are evenly coated. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When shrimp are marinated, heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, stirring once or twice, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Thread one shrimp onto an appetizer skewer, followed by a watermelon cube. Repeat until all 12 are prepared.
- Serve immediately.
OK friends! Check out all of the other healthy small bites from The Recipe Redux members!
[inlinkz_linkup id=627750 mode=1]
Like what you see? Get FREE weekly recipes delivered to your inbox! Sign up here!