Whooooooooo doggies is this a good one today! I’m pretty dang proud of this recipe guys. It’s got all my faves. Spice, seasonal fruit, cilantro, and avocado. Mmmmmmm-hmmmmmm! Yes yes yes, delicious stuff. Spicy shrimp and mango cherry salsa avocado boats are the new black!
This recipe includes the spicy mango cherry salsa from a few days ago, but you can really use any fruity salsa with some heat to it. I OBVS recommend the mango cherry salsa, because it’s DA BOMB as we discussed before.
Ugh. I promise to not use the phrase DA BOMB for at least a week.
Well, here’s another thing to be happy about: It’s SAAATUUUUUURDAAAAAY! The best day, don’t ya think? I have been planning a bachelorette party for my best friend and roommate, and it all goes down today! There may be some inappropriate looking recipes coming your way. Errrrrr…… probably not I guess. But I’ve got at least one in the works! This lucky lady loves pickles, AND olives, so there’s that. Use your imagination folks!
Now I’ve got a goofy grin on my face alone at the dining room table. CREEEEEEEPY!
- 8 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon ancho chile powder
- ¼ Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ Tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil, divided
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- Spicy mango cherry salsa* or other fruit salsa for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for serving
- Rinse shrimp well and pat dry with a paper towel. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the chile powder, smoked paprika, garlic salt, oregano, and 1 Tablespoon of the oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and give a good stir. Saute until opaque and just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 shrimp in each “bowl” of an avocado. Drizzle a bit of the remaining cooking liquid over the shrimp.
- Top with salsa and fresh cilantro.
*Recipe for spicy mango cherry salsa
Alright, now go enjoy your weekend!
Join the fun and get free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!