Hmmmm…… guess I’m having a wee obsession with strawberries this season. This delicious boozy goodness is like, my 4th strawberry post this Spring! Ah well, totes delicious guys, totes delicious. I’m sticking with this trend. This, however, is my first boozy post in a while! I’ve been sucking down the wine lately, so booze hasn’t been front and center. GAH! Well, I’ve got a whole pan full of this boozy, delightful strawberry orancello sorbet, and it’s got my name written all over it! (Not really guys. I didn’t write my name on it.) pffft.
Want to know the best thing about this sorbet? You DON’T NEED AN ICE CREAM MAKER! I don’t have one (insert GASP!), and I thought it was about time I learned how to make frozen sorbet without one. It’s actually totally easy peasy. All you do is blend, freeze, blend more, freeze, and blend more. Because this has booze in it, it is definitely on the melty soft serve scale.
Also, this kind of reminds me of a boozy strawberry Julius. But frozen. HUZZAH!
- 1 Lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups water, divided
- 1 cup orancello
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 10 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Combine strawberry mixture and orancello in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a standard loaf pan and freeze for 2 hours.
- Stir in additional ½ cup water, and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Stir before serving. Sorbet will be soft.
Guess what’s on the agenda for this week? STRAWBERRIES! BWAHAHAHA!
No joke guys. I’m an addict.