HEY FRIENDS! I’VE CREATED A FACEBOOK COMMUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE VEGETARIAN COOKING WITH SEASONAL PRODUCE. JOIN US HERE!
Summer glow salad with blueberries and cherries recipe! This healthy, vegetarian farmers market salad is loaded with fresh summer fruit and goat cheese.
Hello there, Rhubarbarians!
So.... we have reached that point in the summer where there is an abundance of tasty fruits, and NO-ONE ever wants to turn on their oven. It's a pretty glorious time, right?
Enter, the easy summer salad loaded with fruits, cheeses, and nuts. If it's not a weekly staple in your summer diet, oh man it really should be. All fresh, whole ingredients. Quick and easy to throw together. Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and hydration. Sounds like a win-win. ?
One of the things I'm loving loving loving about my first summer in the Inland Northwest is the CHERRIES! There are cherry trees everywhere and u-pick farms are all over the place. We made a day of it a few weekends ago and accidentally came home 9 pounds of cherries. Wowza. Yep, 9.
Cherries as a snack, cherries as a side, cherries in salad, cherries in sparkle water, cherries in yogurt, in oatmeal, in EVERYTHING! We even started a batch of cherry cinnamon infused bourbon. (Do you think you'll want that recipe?)
SO. MANY. FRIGGIN. CHERRIES. Not a bad problem to have, eh?
Notes about this summer salad with blueberries and cherries:
- This salad is very versatile and easy to make your own. Add cucumber or other summer veggies to the mix. Add raspberries or strawberries. Swap the goat cheese for feta. Swap out the pecans for almonds. Make a poppyseed dressing instead of a balsamic. YOU DO YOU!
- I used bing cherries, but any sweet cherry variety will work great.
- If it's not too hot to cook, try toasting the pecans. This salad is amazing with toasted pecans!
- I used a bunch of green leaf lettuce that I received in my CSA bin, but feel free to use any lettuce variety that you'd like.
Summer glow salad with blueberries and cherries
- 3 packed cups green leaf lettuce, or greens of your choice
- ½ cup pitted sweet cherries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the lettuce and the next 5 ingredients, through parsley in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil until emulsified, or combine in a jar and shake until emulsified. Pour as much dressing as you'd like over the salad. You may not need all the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything together and serve immediately. Enjoy!
I hope you'll give this fruity summer salad a try! Snap a pic and give me a shout on social media #Rhubarbarians!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!