Well dudes..... I am STILL traveling around the Southwest US on my trip. I'm probably checking out the sights in Vegas right now, pretending I'm Hunter Thompson! If you're interested, you can follow along on Instagram! I am so psyched to have Tina from The Worktop taking over today. The Worktop was one of my 5 killer food blogs at the beginning of April, and has become a daily read. Here she is, rocking it with a recipe for a whipped yogurt parfait with berry compote that sounds freakin awesome.
First, let's get to know Tina a little bit better:
1. Tell us a little bit about you and your blog:
Hello! I’m Tina and I write The Worktop, a breakfast brunch blog. I currently live in London and work as a barista, but I’m originally from Los Angeles where I was a finance attorney. On The Worktop, you’ll find a collection of breakfast and brunch recipes, as well as my London brunch guide, which lists my favorite spots for the morning. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, “worktop” is what the British call “countertop”.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Breakfast anything! Croissants, waffles, French toasts, omelettes, bacon …
3. Coffee or tea?
Coffee! I love going around London (and any city I visit) to try new coffee shops. One of the more fun creations on the blog is Cotton Candy Coffee, a special treat.
4. What is your favorite restaurant?
I love Tartines in San Francisco. They have the best ham and cheese croissants.
5. Alright, it's Monday night. What are you making for dinner?
We’re probably eating baked chicken katsu. It’s our new favorite, and lately we’re having it all the time. It’s also one of the few dishes that I’ve successfully taught Jonathan (my husband) to make, so that’s double the chance we’ll be having it!
6. Do you have a job outside of blogging? If so, what do you do?
I’m a barista at an independent coffee shop in London. It’s great because I have awesome co-workers who give me ideas for the blog, chat with customers all day long, and get the best coffee, on the house!
8. Beer or wine? (or none!)?
None for me, please.
9. Alright, what is your favorite recipe from your blog?
That’s not really a fair question, is it? I love them all! But if you really must know, these Breakfast Spring Rolls are incredibly tasty, and if I’m ever out to impress someone, this is what I’d make. On a more daily basis though, this Coconut Matcha Smoothie is our go-to favorite.
10. Where can we find you on Social media?
Google Plus: plus.google.com/+theworktopbreakfast
- For the Berry Compote:
- Head over to The Worktop to get the ingredients*
- For the Whipped Yogurt:
- 1¼ cup (250g) greek yogurt
- ½ cup double cream (or heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Seeds of half of a vanilla pod (optional)
- To serve:
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Make the Berry Compote: Head over to The Worktop to get the instructions*
- Make the Whipped Yogurt: In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, cream, and honey. Using a handheld mixer, beat on low-medium speed until the mixture thickens and forms soft peaks, about 5-7 minutes.
- To serve: Evenly divide half the Whipped Yogurt into four bowls. Top with two generous spoonfuls of the Berry Compote. Evenly divide the remaining Whipped Yogurt into the four bowls. Top with the remaining Berry Compote. Evenly divide the chopped hazelnuts (or other chopped nuts of your choice) on top.
Thank you so much Tina for this amazing breakfast experience! For more fun and unique breakfast and brunch ideas, check out The Worktop.
That's all folks...... until I'm BACK IN MAY!