I promised you treats…….
Today you get fudge. Toasted coconut curry chocolate fudge.
Know who will dig this? YOUR LUVAH! For you know, Valentine’s day and stuff.
Know who is digging this in my house? EVERYONE! It’s pretty delicious stuff guys.
This toasted coconut curry chocolate fudge is creamy, melty, coconuty, sweety and salty, a tad bit curry-y, and totally valentines-y. GET ON IT!
I’m actually not much of a Vday gal. It’s okay and all, cause…… chocolate. But, I’m not that into heart stuff, or mushy cheesy cards, or gold, or diamonds, or pink. I like red, I guess. It lands on a freakin SATURDAY THIS YEAR! Which sounds really awesome, since we usually stay in and just hang. We’ve decided we are going on a hike this year for our Vday date.
What I really want for Vday is………. an awesome breakfast. Complete with mimosas and coffee and bacon. And blueberry pancakes. YESS! (Jerdy, are you reading?)
Then hike, then cuddle time at home with popcorn and The Walking Dead new episodes. THE PERFECT DAY!
Or maybe hike first, then awesome super late breakfast, then WD episodes. Maybe even more perfect. 🙂
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut + more for topping
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt
- Heat the 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Toss about every 30 seconds until golden and toasted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a metal bowl over a saucepan with 1" water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Heat over high heat until boiling and add butter and coconut cream to bowl. Once butter and coconut cream is just melted, remove from heat. Let cool just slightly for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cacao powder and stir until combined. If the ingredients begin to separate, wait until liquid cools a bit more.
- Stir in cream, sugar, curry powder, and toasted coconut until well blended.
- Pour into ice cube molds or into a small parchment lined loaf pan. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Carefully remove chocolate from molds, or from loaf pan and cut into squares. Top with shredded coconut.
I’ve got a handful more treats coming your way next week! What are you craving?
Chocolate, candy, booze, wine. ALL THESE?