Healthy vegan potato salad with peas and fresh herbs. Quick, easy, and perfect for your next vegan side dish or vegan barbecue.
Well.... hello there, vegan potato salad season.
Oh man, you guys. I am just relishing in the goodness that is spring produce right now. I've been a bit MIA on this here blog this month, but you can bet your booties I've been eating ALL THE FOOD! Seattle has finally decided that the sun can shine, and our bbq on our tiny apartment deck has been in full force.
Have you tried these amazingly delicious sour cream and chive mashed potatoes yet?
I haven't been too vocal about it here, but I decided a ways back to go dairy free for May. I've had highs and lows with it for sure (ahem... I'm a black coffee drinker now, whaaaat???), but diving even deeper into the vegan cooking has been a fun and challenging adventure for me so far.
Like, say, potato salad. I am absolutely a lover of the classic cookout potato salad with lots of mayo and hard boiled egg. But, this vegan dijon version is so much lighter, and equally as delicious. Aaaaaand you can add your spin and make it what you want. Use red potatoes instead of these 2 bite golden ones. Or add other herbs that you might like. I've made this with edamame and it was delicious.
You do you, girlfriend. (or boyfriend).
Must-try potato recipes:
Another little life update:
I now have a 10 month old child. A TEN MONTH OLD! Hence the crickets on the blog. Gone are the days of typing out blog posts on my computer chillin next to my dude on the floor while he just stares at his hands in amazement. This kid is balls to the wall curious... and mobile. Like, climbing over furniture mobile. And of course, he wants to get into everything EXCEPT his giant basket of toys he strews all over the living room.
Sound familiar? Oh moms, I feel your pain.
Vegan dijon potato salad with peas and herbs
- 1 ½ lbs 2 bite golden potatoes, halved (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 2 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Steam the potatoes in a steamer basket for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- About 2 minutes before the potatoes are done, toss the peas into the steamer basket. When the potatoes are cooked and the peas are heated through, add them to the bowl with the dressing. Add the herbs and toss everything together. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. The potatoes can take a lot of salt! Toss again and refrigerate until just chilled.
If you make this recipe, please let us know on social media or in the comments below! Leave a star rating in your comment or tag us on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians.
Thank you so much for reading and supporting Rhubarbarians. If you’re looking for a group of people cooking vegetarian recipes through the seasons, join us on Facebook in our vegetarian and vegan recipes group!
Hope you enjoy this delicious potato salad!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!