Happy #BluesdayTuesday friends! Some knock you out, kick you in the face flavor comin at you today! Know why I am totally digging these buffalo chickpea flatbreads with blue cheese drizzle?
1. They are ready in just 15 minutes.
2. They are the perfect warm weather Tuesday night meal.
3. They are spicy, crunchy, creamy, cheesy, and completely refreshing.
“Castello Blue Cheeses are epicurean delights. The tangy characteristics are balanced with delicious sweet and salty flavors that are ideal to top a grilled burger or bring a complex flavor to summer vegetables. From crumbled, soft, and spreadable, to a sliced blue cheese perfect for melting with floral notes, Castello has a wide range of unique blue cheeses. Check out Castello’s website for more information on their cheeses.”
You guys. I have a confession. I am totally addicted to cheese. Cheese is just, the best thing ever. I LOVE CHEESE! The funkier the better. Blue cheese is one of the funkiEST cheeses! Way to rock it blue cheese, way to rock it.
When asked to create a dish for Castello blue cheese, let’s just say I was mega pumped. What COULDN’T I make with blue cheese? I racked my brain thinking of really unique dishes. Blue cheese cereal puffs, Blue cheese martini, Blue cheese fruit and nut granola bars. Whoa. Blue cheese is already so awesome and funky on it’s own, I realized there isn’t a need to take it too far. I kept it super simple and classic with this recipe to make sure the blue cheese flavor stood strong. Know what? I bet this tastes way better than blue cheese cereal. WTF! GRODY!
- 4 6″ flatbreads
- ¾ cup cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank’s hot sauce)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 2.2 oz Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¾ of a cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Place Flatbreads directly on middle oven rack and heat to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, bring the pepper sauce and butter to a low boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer, stirring often, until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese with a fork until crumbly. Stir in mayonnaise until slightly smooth. Whisk in vinegar until evenly combined. Then whisk in water until sauce drizzles off of a spoon. You may need to add a bit more water. Season with pepper
- Add the chickpeas to the buffalo sauce and stir to evenly coat.
- To serve, evenly distribute the chickpeas onto the flatbreads, topping with the extra buffalo sauce. Add the cucumber and celery. Drizzle with a zigzag of blue cheese drizzle, adding more if needed. Reserve remaining blue cheese drizzle for another use.
Make your next Tuesday a #BluesdayTuesday and join Castello for a summer of Blue! Need more ideas for Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese?
Grilled peaches with blue cheese and honey for Memorial Day weekend
Fully loaded caramelized onion burgers with blue cheese for Father’s Day
Raspberry and blue cheese crostinis for the 4th of July
Enjoy your Summer of Blue!