10-minute spicy watermelon feta mint salad! This simple, refreshing watermelon salad recipe is perfect for hot summer days and BBQs.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Say hello to your new salad obsession. It's spicy. It's sweet. It's summery. It's refreshing. It's peppery and cooling all at the same time. It's super simple. Win-win-win! It's your new fave spicy watermelon feta mint salad.
A 10-minute summer salad
You read that right. This watermelon salad only takes 10 minutes to make! That glorious summer produce does all the work for you so all you have to do is toss it together and enjoy.
Choose your greens
We LOVE baby arugula with watermelon salad because of it's tender, but slightly spicy bite. It pairs wonderfully with the serrano lime dressing.
But, if arugula isn't your thing, that's okay! You want greens that will stand up to dressing, but won't be too tough to eat during the summer. Here are some other options that would work well:
- Baby spinach
- Mixed spring greens
- Baby kale
- A salad greens blend
Make the dressing
The dressing for this watermelon salad recipe is super simple! (Full instructions are in the recipe card below)
Mince some serrano (omit the seeds for less heat or sub in jalapeno). Slice up some green onion. Then toss those with some freshly squeezed lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Only 4 ingredients!
Have you tried our summer glow salad with blueberries and cherries?
Make it ahead
Well, this watermelon feta salad can get soggy if made in advance. BUT, you CAN prep all of your ingredients ahead to make it super duper quick. Even quicker than the minutes it normally takes, huzzah!
First, make the dressing and store it in the refrigerator in the jar you emulsified it in. The hardest part is done!
Cube your watermelon and place it in the refrigerator separately. Chop your mint and toss that with the arugula and feta.
So, when ready to serve, toss together the watermelon, feta arugula mixture, and the dressing. Season with some s&p. Done.
How to serve
- As a side dish: Perfect for summer bbqs!
- As a light main dish: You can add a protein of your choice, nuts, or extra veggies to bulk it up if you'd like.
- At a potluck or summer cookout: See the "Make It Ahead" section above!
- Can I make this vegan? YES! Either omit the feta cheese or try vegan feta cheese.
- How do I make this less spicy? Discard the seeds from the serrano or use a milder chile like a jalapeno. Or make omit the spice completely by leaving out the chile pepper.
- Can I make this ahead? YEP! See the notes above in the "Make It Ahead" section.
- What can I use besides mint? Nothing will taste quite like mint, but fresh basil would be delicious!
Spicy watermelon feta mint salad
- 1 whole serrano or jalapeno chile, minced (omit seeds for less heat)
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups 1" cubed watermelon
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese (omit for vegan option)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the serrano or jalapeno, green onion, lime juice, and olive oil in a small jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well to emulsify.
- Toss half of the dressing with the arugula. Top with watermelon, mint, and feta. Drizzle remaining dressing on top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you make this recipe, please let us know on social media or in the comments below! Leave a star rating in your comment or tag us on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!