The fluffiest vegan rhubarb pancakes recipe! The best vegan pancakes you’ll ever make with fresh rhubarb and banana.
Hey, Rhubarbarians! This amazingly delish rhubarb pancakes recipe comes from a blogging friend of ours, Brita Britnell! Brita is the force behind Food With Feeling and I hope you'll check out some of her recipes.
Fluffy pancakes with rhubarb - VEGANIZED!
These pancakes our made with our favorite spring veggie - rhubarb! A unique, but delicious twist on pancakes, right?
Plus, they are vegan! But that doesn't mean they are any less fluffy or delicious than regular pancakes. Promise. 🙂
How to make rhubarb pancakes
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients in 2 separate bowls.
- Combine them together.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over low-medium heat. You want the heat low!
- Add the batter to the skillet and quickly add the slices of rhubarb on top.
- Cook for a few minutes, flip, and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with syrup and enjoy!
Vegan rhubarb pancakes
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- Cooking spray for griddle
- Pure maple syrup or agave for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, coconut oil, and mashed banana.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Now you can either mix in the rhubarb now or place it on top of the pancakes while they're on the griddle (this is what I did to make them look a bit neater).
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. The trick with these pancakes is to cook them over a medium-low heat for a longer period of time. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- For large-ish pancakes, pour ½ cup of the batter onto the griddle. If you're adding the rhubarb in at this point, as soon as the batter is poured onto the griddle, quickly place the rhubarb onto the pancake by evenly spreading it out.
- Once the bottom and sides have firmed up (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side until a nice golden brown. Flip again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the original side.
- Once all done, top with additional fruit and syrup and enjoy!!
Thanks so much, Brita! These pancakes look so tasty! 🙂
If you make this recipe, please let me know on social media or in the comments below! Leave a star rating in your comment or tag me on Instagram with #Rhubarbarians.
Thank you so much for reading and supporting Rhubarbarians and the brands that I recommend. If you’re looking for a group of people cooking vegetarian recipes through the seasons, join us on Facebook in our vegetarian and vegan recipes group!
Hope you enjoy these pancakes!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GET FREE WEEKLY RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! SIGN UP HERE!